Wednesday, February 22, 2012

One year of blogging

Weasel
(Seneca Falls, NY 2/12)
I had planned to post a much longer and more fitting entry to mark one year of blogging but the day just got away from me. It is hard to believe I started this all a year ago! With almost 11,000 hits I feel as if the effort has not been wasted. Stay tuned for some interesting stories in the next week,

I returned from a trip to Texas last night and took advantage of the unseasonably warm weather today to walk out back with Laura and check the cameras. My anniversary gift from the camera trap was the photo below. Any photo of a weasel is a treat for me. This is only my second. Not sure if this is a long-tailed or short-tailed but I am leaning toward short. Opinions welcome of course. Thanks again to all of my readers. JVN

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the anniversary and the weasel photo. I have yet to capture a weasel image but hopefully one day soon!

    11,000 pageviews is also quite an accomplishment, keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang! Nice weasel! Mustelids are my Holy Grail....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first year! I look forward to many more. I just got my first fox pictures over the weekend, so I know how you feel. When I was on my way to check the camera, I thought I got a whiff of fox urine. I only knew what this smelled like from the tracking seminar I went to at Muller a couple weeks ago. So when I check the pictures and there were three pictures of a pair of fox from just an hour and a half before I got there, I was not surprised. But, I was very excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got a picture of a PAIR? That's pretty neat!

      Delete
    2. I can't recall getting a photo of a pair of fox, so I agree with BA -- pretty neat!

      Delete
    3. I will have to show you guys, to see what you think. It's not the best picture because it's an older camera, but you can make out the tail and ears.

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! It will appear shortly...